Local Draft Proposed Source Protection Plan now available for Public Consultation
For Immediate Release
Owen Sound, ON – The Draft Proposed Source Protection Plan for the Saugeen, Grey Sauble, Northern Bruce Peninsula Source Protection Region is now available for review and comment. The Plan may be viewed on the Drinking Water Source Protection website at www.waterprotection.ca . Copies of the Plan have also been placed at the following locations:
- Saugeen Conservation office – 1078 Bruce Road 12, Formosa
- Grey Sauble Conservation office – 237897 Inglis Falls Road, Owen Sound
- Municipality of Northern Bruce Peninsula office – 56 Lindsay Road 5, Lion’s Head
There will be five public meetings that are an opportunity to view Plan documents, hear presentations, ask questions and provide feedback. Each meeting will run from 2:00 pm to 8:00 pm with presentations at 3:00 pm and 6:00 pm. The dates and locations are:
- April 25, 2012 – Mount Forest Sports Complex Leisure Hall, 850 Princess Street, Mount Forest
- April 26, 2012 – Royal Canadian Legion Branch #464, 339 Garafraxa St., Chatsworth
- May 1, 2012 – Northern Bruce Peninsula Municipal Council Chambers, 56 Lindsay Road 5, (off Hwy 6 north of Lion’s Head)
- May 2, 2012 – Mildmay Carrick Recreation Complex Main Hall, 24 Vincent Street, Mildmay
- May 3, 2012 – Royal Canadian Legion Branch #383, 86 River St., Tara
The Source Protection Plan contains policies that will address activities regarded as significant drinking water threats, or that would be significant threats if they occur in the future. These policies will help to ensure that these activities do not pose a risk to municipal drinking water sources.
Comments on the Draft Proposed Source Protection Plan can be submitted in writing to:
Drinking Water Source Protection – DPSPP Comments
Saugeen, Grey Sauble, Northern Bruce Peninsula Source Protection Region
237897 Inglis Falls Road, RR#4
Owen Sound, ON N4K 5N6
The deadline for comments is May 9, 2012 at 4:30 pm.
Drinking Water Source Protection is a program governed by legislation and regulations of the Clean Water
Act, 2006. The Source Protection Plan is a science based document that is locally driven and written for this
Source Protection Region. Source Protection Plans must be submitted to the Ministry of the Environment by
August 20, 2012.