Wanted – Health Sector Representative for local Source Protection Committee
The Clean Water Act, 2006, and five accompanying regulations were proclaimed into law on July 3, 2007. A 16-member committee has been working in the Saugeen, Grey Sauble, Northern Bruce Peninsula Source Protection Region since November 2007. The Health Sector representative recently moved from the area and resigned and the position needs to be filled to ensure this sector of the community has representation on the Source Protection Committee.
Functions of the Source Protection Committee
The Source Protection Committee oversees a science-based planning process involving the Terms of Reference, the Assessment Report and the Source Protection Plan to protect municipal sources of drinking water. The program is governed by the Clean Water Act. The Proposed Source Protection Plan has been submitted to the Ministry of the Environment for approval. The Source Protection Committee is working on the Source Protection Plan, and supporting technical work to ensure that policies are in place to protect local municipal sources of drinking water.
Obligations of SPC Members
- Members of the Source Protection Committee deal with technical information and often discuss complex issues.
- Act as liaison by bringing forward common concerns from their sector to the Committee and assist in communicating the Committee’s work to their sector
- Review and understand technical reports
- Exhibit solid problem-solving, analytical, communication and organizational skills
- Make decisions at the Committee table
- Weigh different points of view and work with others collaboratively
- Occasionally attend public information sessions and community consultation forums
- Respect confidential information and abide by the code of conduct
- Travel within the source protection region
- Members are compensated for their participation
How to Apply
An Expression of Interest should include a cover letter, accompanied by a resumé outlining relevant experience and familiarity with water management issues, as well as any additional supporting information. Submit your Expression of Interest, labelled “Confidential” by:
4:00 pm on Friday September 5, 2014, to:
David Ellingwood, Project Manager
Drinking Water Source Protection
Saugeen, Grey Sauble, Northern Bruce Peninsula
237897 Inglis Falls Road, RR4
Owen Sound, Ontario N4K 5N6
http://www.waterprotection.ca/i-committee.htm See Mission Statement