made under O. Reg 288/07 s. 3
NOMINATIONS FOR REPRESENTATIVE ON SOURCE PROTECTION COMMITTEE
In accordance with Ontario Regulation 288/07, the Saugeen, Grey Sauble, Northern Bruce Peninsula Source Protection Region is currently seeking representatives for the Agricultural/Commercial Sector and Public/Environmental Sector on the Source Protection Committee.
The Notice indicates the opportunity to submit a short expression of interest and one-page biography for consideration to become a member of the local Source Protection Committee.
Functions of the Source Protection Committee
The Source Protection Committee (SPC) is overseeing a science-based planning process to protect municipal sources of drinking water that is governed by the Clean Water Act. The SPC has had its Source Protection Plan and supporting technical work approved by the Minister of the Environment, Conservation and Parks and continues to work to ensure that policies are in place to protect local municipal drinking water sources.
Obligations of SPC Members
• Act as liaison by bringing forward common concerns from the environmental/public sector or agricultural/commercial sector to the Committee and assist in communicating the Committee’s work to the respective sector;
• Review and understand technical reports;
• Exhibit solid problem-solving, analytical, communication and organizational skills;
• Weigh different points of view and work with others collaboratively;
• Expected to attend 3-4 meetings (1/2 day) per year;
• Members are compensated for their participation ($125 for half day meeting)
A Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest Policy, as well as a Rules of Procedure have been adopted by the Source Protection Committee.
How to apply:
Submit your Expression of Interest (including 1-page biography) by
Tuesday February 28, 2023 at 4:00 p.m. to
Carl Seider, Project Manager, Drinking Water Source Protection
Saugeen, Grey Sauble, Northern Bruce Peninsula
or by mail (marked ‘Confidential’) to:
c/o Drinking Water Source Protection
237897 Inglis Falls Road, RR4
Owen Sound, Ontario N4K 5N6
Limitations on Appointments
The following conditions and restrictions are applied to the appointment of SPC representatives, as per O.Reg. 288/07 s. 7:
• Applicants must reside in, own or rent land in, be employed in, operate a business in, or be employed by a municipality within the Source Protection Region
Note: The wording used in this notice to summarize certain portions of the Clean Water Act, 2006, and its regulations are provided for guidance. The reader is referred to the approved legislation for accuracy.
Printable copy of notice here: Ag_Public_Environmental_Sector_Rep_2023