Clicking a document image below will open a pdf in a new window.
Drinking Water Source Protection Program Information This document outlines documents, legislation, policies and relevant zones around municipal drinking water wells that are part of this program.
Real Estate Professionals Fact Sheet Many potential home, farm, and business buyers are now aware that certain properties located near our municipal drinking water sources may have some regulated activities. This fact sheet will help to navigate questions from buyers.
Road Signs for Drinking Water Protection Zones New, provincially standard road signs mark locations where roads cross into zones where municipal drinking water sources are the most vulnerable to contamination. Policy G-07 found in the Source Protection Plan Chapter 6 describes this signage policy.
Risk Management Officials and Inspectors: Regulation of Drinking Water Threats under Clean Water Act Part IV A two page information flyer describing Part IV of Clean Water Act and the roles and responsibilities of Risk Management Officials. Landowner/Renter Rights and Responsibilities and Resource links also included.
Factsheet – General An eight page factsheet explaining Source Protection and the various categories of significant drinking water threats considered by the program. First of five commodity factsheet designed with the agricultural community in mind.
Factsheet – Chemical and Fuel Second of five commodity factsheet designed with the agricultural community in mind.
Factsheet – Horticulture Third of five commodity factsheet designed with the agricultural community in mind.
Factsheet – Livestock Fourth of five commodity factsheet designed with the agricultural community in mind.
Factsheet – Row Crops Fifth of five commodity factsheet designed with the agricultural community in mind.
A three-page document outlining the terms and conditions for using the Saugeen, Grey Sauble, Northern Bruce Peninsula Source Protection Region Vulnerable Areas Mapping Application.
A four-page, tabloid sized newspaper insert on water issues, including a two-page illustration showing the elements of a watershed. Published by Conservation Ontario and several other environmental organizations.
Source Protection Q and A A two-page pamphlet with general information about source protection planning.
Video Clips from the DVD developed by Conservation Ontario. All video files are in .wmv (Windows Media Player) format.
- Our Limited Water Supply: 1:29 minutes 256 kbps (medium quality) 512 kbps (high quality)
- The Water Cycle: 58 seconds 256 kbps (medium quality) 512 kbps (high quality)
- Our Watersheds: 38 seconds 256 kbps (medium quality) 512 kbps (high quality)
- The Multi-Barrier Approach: 48 seconds 256 kbps (medium quality) 512 kbps (high quality)
- Conservation Authorities In Ontario: 39 seconds 256 kbps (medium quality) 512 kbps (high quality)
- What is a Source Protection Plan? 38 seconds 256 kbps (medium quality) 512 kbps (high quality)
- A Quick Reference Guide to the Clean Water Act
- Clean Water Act Roles and Responsibilities (Brochure)
- Clean Water Act: Source Protection Committee Chair
- Preparing Source Protection Plans
- Source Protection and the Great Lakes
- Technical Bulletin: Addressing Transportation Threats
- Technical Bulletin: Burial of Animals on Farms as a Drinking Water Threat (Deadstock Disposal)
- Technical Bulletin: Climate Change and the Director’s Technical Rules
- Technical Bulletin: Delineation of Intake Protection Zone 3 Using the Event Based Approach (EBA)
- Technical Bulletin: Delineation of Significant Groundwater Recharge Areas
- Technical Bulletin: Delineation of Vulnerable Areas Crossing Jurisdictional Boundaries
- Technical Bulletin: Dense Non-Aqueous Phase Liquids and Organic Solvents
- Technical Bulletin: Earth (Geothermal) Energy Systems as Related to Drinking Water Source Protection
- Technical Bulletin: Groundwater Road Map
- Technical Bulletin: Groundwater Vulnerability
- Technical Bulletin: Part IX Local Area Risk Level
- Technical Bulletin: Proposed Methodology for Calculating Percentage of Managed Lands and Livestock Density for Land Application of Agricultural Source of Material, Non-Agricultural Source of Material and Commercial Fertilizers
- Technical Bulletin: Provincial Tables of Circumstances: Understanding the provincial tables
- Technical Bulletin: Surface Water Road Map
- Technical Bulletin: Threats Assessment and Issues Evaluation
- Technical Bulletin: Water Budget and Water Quantity Risk Assessment, Tier 2 Subwatershed Stress Assessment, Groundwater Drought Scenarios (2010)
- Technical Rules: Assessment Report, Clean Water Act: November 16, 2009
- The Clean Water Act – Clean Water Act Myths and Facts
- The Clean Water Act – Facts